Difference between Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin
Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin are both women that are actively involved in government, particularly with the outspoken Tea Party. Though they are very similar, so much so that some people who are not up with the times could get them confused, the two still have some differences between them. The first being where they received their education, the second being the past government offices held, and the third being the public’s opinion of the women.
Both of these women are highly educated women who have made a name for themselves in the polities of the United States government. However, the education of these two women differs so much that this could be why so many dislike these two women. Michele Bachmann attended Winona State University, went on to get her JD degree from Oral Roberts University and finally received her LL.M degree from William and Mary Law School.
On the other hand, Sarah Palin has a more diverse educational background. Palin ended up attending around five different colleges, where she finally received her bachelor's degree in Journalism after around six years. The first college was the University of Hawaii-Hilo, followed by Hawaii Pacific University, North Idaho College, University of Idaho in Moscow, Matanuska-Susitna Community College in Palmer, Alaska, and finally ending up again at the University of Idaho.
Past Government Offices
Both of these women have been involved in government for quite a few years, though their backgrounds and positions that they have held are significantly different. Bachmann started out as an attorney in the US Treasury Department where she handled hundreds of cases for the IRS. She then became a Representative for Minnesota, which is what she currently holds.
Palin started off with holding government office in the city of Wasilla, Alaska. She then went on to become the first woman Governor of Alaska in which she resigned from in 2009 for many reasons. She also ran as Vice President with John McCain for the presidential election.
Both women receive their fair share of public spotlight. However, Bachmann seems to receive a more friendly reception from the public than Sarah Palin. The reason is that people view Bachmann as being slightly smarter since she did get a degree from a reputable school. Palin on the other hand, many people cite as being somewhat ditsy because people believe that she cannot settle on any one idea. However, both women are held highly by many such as those that support the Tea Party, while others, despite them, such as those Democrats.
Similarities and Differences
- Both women are those that people either love or hate. They are both highly involved in the government and have very outspoken opinions. Though there are some significant differences in the two women:
- Palin attended four different colleges, before she finally received her bachelor's degree in Journalism her fifth time.
- Bachmann received her law degree from William and Mary Law School.
- In the past Palin has held government offices at the city and state level. And has the honor of being the first woman Governor of Alaska, she also ran for Vice President with John McCain.
- Buchmann has held a lawyer position with the US Treasury Department and is currently a representative for Minnesota.
- Buchmann is publicly defined as being smarter than Palin, while both women are considered outspoken and harsh on their competition.