Difference between Princess Diana and Kate Middleton
Princess Diana was a member of British royal family and the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales. She was married to Prince Charles in 1981 and her marriage ended in divorce in 1996. In 1997 she died in a car crash in Paris. Diana was recognised for her charity work as she was the president of a hospital for children (Great Ormond Street Hospital). Kate Middleton is fiancee of Prince William, the elder son of Princess Diana and Prince Charles. William and Kate will marry in April 2011 at Westminster Abbey. Kate is admired for her dress sense.
Diana Frances Spencer was born in Norfolk, England. She had a younger brother and two elder sisters. Her parents were divorced in 1969 when she was eight years old. Diana and her sisters were brought up by their father. Diana’s mother fell in love with a married man whom she later married. Same was the case with her father and he married Raine, countess of Dartmouth. Kate spent her childhood in Bucklebury, Berkshire. Her father was an airline officer for British Airways and her mother a flight attendant when they were married. Later they founded a mail order company selling decorations and party supplies and became millionaires. She has two siblings and her sister is a graduate from University of Edinburgh.
As a child Diana did not excel at her studies, and at the age of 16 she attended a finishing school in Switzerland. Diana was excellent in swimming and diving. She was interested in ballet but grew too tall for it, reaching a stately height of 5’10”. Kate attended St. Andrew’s School in Berkshire, South East England. Then she joined the Marlborough College and later attended the University of St. Andrews from where she graduated with a degree in the History of Art. It was at St. Andrews where she met her fiance, Prince William.
Prince Charles met Diana when she was quite young but it wasn't until 1980 that he thought of Diana as a potential bride. Diana was well accepted by his family and the Prince proposed and became engaged to Diana in February 1981. They were married on July 29, 1981 at St. Paul’s Cathedral and her wedding dress had an eight meter train. Kate and William became engaged in October, 2010. They are to marry on April 29, 2011 in Westminster Abbey. In 2007 they dealt with a breakup, but were again together in 2008.
Similarities and Differences
- She was married to Prince Charles in 1981.
- Diana Frances Spencer was born in Norfolk, England.
- She was the president of a hospital for children (Great Ormond Street Hospital).
- Marriage ended in divorce in 1996.
- In 1997 she died in a car crash in Paris.
- Kate Middleton is fiancee of Prince William, the elder son of Princess Diana and Prince Charles.
- Kate spent her childhood in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
- She studied at University of St. Andrews from where she graduated in History of Art.
- Kate and William became engaged in October, 2010.
- They are to marry on April 29, 2011 in Westminster Abbey.