Difference between Kajol and Aishwarya Rai
Bollywood fans everywhere are often enamored with their favorite Indian actresses. It’s true that our actresses are not only exceptionally beautiful but also have an excellent acting caliber.
Kajol and Aishwarya Rai are two renowned Indian actresses. But there is an enormous amount of difference between their acting skills and the genre of movies they generally do. Its true that both of them have been a favorite with various masses and classes.
Kajol is younger than Aishwarya Rai by two years. Kajol was born on August 5th, 1975 whereas Aishwarya arrived in this world on November 1st, 1973.
Kajol hails from a family of great acting talents. Her mother Tanuja was a favorite actress of her time and her late father Shomu Mukherjee was a noted film producer. Her aunt Nutan was also an actress with talent. On the other hand, Aishwarya Rai does not have such acting genes in her family. Her mother Vrinda Rai is a housewife while her father KrishanRaj Rai worked in the Indian Navy.
Debut and Regional Movies
Aishwarya Rai started her career as a model whereas Kajol jumped on to the acting bandwagon straightaway. Kajol made her acting debut in 1992 with Hindi film Bekhudi. Aishwarya Rai won the Miss India and Miss World contests in 1994. Aishwarya on the other hand started her acting career with Iruvar, a Tamil movie opposite Mohanlal. Kajol has not performed in any South Indian movies to date. Apart from Iruvar, Aishwarya Rai has also appeared in other South Indian movies like the Tamil movies Jeans (1998) and Kandukondain Kandukondain. She also worked in a Bengali movie titled Chokher Bali, directed by Rituparno Ghosh.
Kajol has won a higher number of Filmfare awards than Aishwarya Rai. Her first Filmfare award came with Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and after she got the black statue lady for her movies Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Faana(2006). Aishwarya Rai has only won two Filmfares so far, one for her movie Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam in 1999 and another for Devdas in 2002.
Aishwarya has won critical acclaim all over the world both for her acting skills and ethereal looks. She has appeared in international ventures like Pink Panther 2 (2009) and The Last Legion (2007). Kajol has not made her international debut so far.
Kajol has not yet been able to establish herself as a glamorous actress. Her choice of roles is severely restricted. Aishwarya has donned a glamorous avatar with Dhoom 2 (2007).
- Kajol married her costar Ajay Devgan on 24th December, 1999. Post marriage Kajol has not made many appearances in movies. She took a break from her career in 2001 and returned with Fanaa.
- Kajol’s other films after marriage include Raju Chacha(2000), Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham(2001) and My Name is Khan(2009).
- Aishwarya Rai has been actively involved in movies. After her marriage, she has featured in movies like Joddha Akbar(2008) and the pink panther 2.
- Aishwarya Rai is a dynamic woman who has plenty of international brand endorsements on her hand.
- Kajol on the other hand has not been able to obtain such success in the international advertisement scenario.
- Aishwarya has been associated with brands like Longines and Lakme.
- Kajol only has domestic brands in her kitty, Whirlpool, Asmi Diamonds, Knorr Soups, Alpenliebe toffees, Anchor toothpaste, and Olay.