Difference between Expedia.com and Travelocity.com
The Internet has revolutionized the way we manage our daily lives. In fact, in some ways the Internet has made our lives more convenient and in other ways, we now rely more on the Internet than anything else. The Internet is our number one source of information and a great time management tool. You can buy your groceries online, you can apply for a credit card online, you can earn a degree online, and the list goes on and on... Another convenient feature the Internet can offer people is travel services. You can now book your tickets, rental cars and hotels with a click of a mouse. Two of the most popular travel websites are Expedia.com and Travelocity.com
Expedia.com is based in Bellevue WA, and is a U.S based website offering travel services. This website was first registered in November 1995, and has a Google page rank of 8/10. This website gets an estimated 27 million visitors a month. On the other hand Travelocity.com is based in Southlake Texas, in the United States. This website was registered back in 1997 and has a Google page rank of 7/10. Travelocity.com gets an estimated 15 million visitors a month. Out of the two, Expedia.com is by far the more popular one, because it tends to get more web traffic than Travelocity.com. More traffic simply means more money. When it comes to ease of use both websites are very easy to use and almost anyone can book flights, hotels and rental cars with a credit card. Both of these websites have very similar features and one can easily use them in a matter of seconds.
Overall, when it comes to airline prices for international destinations, Travelocity.com seem to have the best prices when compared to Expedia.com. This a generalized statement but finding out for yourself is easier than ever.
When it comes to choosing a customized vacation package, Expedia.com certainly takes the cake. You can choose your country destination by simply clicking on an interactive globe, which then gives you a list of countries and states. You can basically choose any country and look at packages that are offered for that specific country. You can also choose by continent, and it should populate a list of countries within that continent, for example if you choose Europe and the site will give you list of countries within Europe.
Similarities and Differences
- Internet has revolutionized the way we travel, one can book, airline tickets, hotel stays and rental cars with a click of a button.
- Expedia.com and Travelocity.com are one of the biggest travel websites in the United States.
- Out of the two Expedia is more popular, since it gets more traffic than Travelocity.
- Both websites are easy to use and almost anyone can make travel arrangement with a click of a button.
- Travelocity.com seems to have the best international airline prices when compared to Expedia.com
- Expedia.com has the most interactive way of choosing customized vacation packages. You can simply click on a globe and click on a country of your choice.