Difference between Burger King and McDonalds
Life on the go can be hectic. However, when you're late for work and you missed breakfast, you can simply go through a drive through window and grab a bagel and a coffee. When you need a quick, cheap meal, you can always drive to you local fast food restaurant and grab a burger or a hot dog. Fast food can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. When eaten in moderation it could be a blessing, but if you eat fast food on a daily basis it can be a curse. Two of the most popular fast foods chains in the world are Burger King and McDonald's.
A McDonald's Big Mac consists of 540 calories. While comparatively a Burger King Double Whopper has around 920 calories. Therefore, when it comes to calories, the Double Whopper takes the cake, or in this case takes the burger. Depending on your dietary needs, Burger King Double Whopper is more likely to get you full than a McDonald's Big Mac. Since the double whopper is quite larger than the Big Mac. Although each person has his or her own taste preference, most people prefer McDonald's over Burger King. McDonald's burger seems to taste better to most people. Therefore, when it comes to taste McDonald's is more delicious by consumers standards.
Although McDonald's is quite competitive in the fast food industry, when it comes to value, Burger King is definitely the king. You get more burger for your buck.
Locations and Market Share
Burger King has around 7,800 restaurants locally, while McDonald's has a whopping 13,000 locations locally. Burger King has approx 21.9% of the market share, while McDonald's has more than double that, a whopping 44% market share of the fast food industry. Comparatively, McDonald's has been expanding rapidly into the international market, in fact McDonald's has expanded in many third world countries, which include India, China, etc. Although Burger King also has international reach, it's nowhere near McDonald's reach. Burger King has managed to expand in only a handful of international markets.
Similarities and Differences
- Fast food has made our lives easier, but has also cursed us with obesity and heart diseases.
- Two of the most popular fast food restaurants in the world, are McDonald's and Burger King.
- Burger King burgers when compared to McDonald's burgers are higher in fat content.
- When it comes to being satisfied with fullness, Burger King burgers are the way to go.
- When it comes to taste, McDonald's is the more popular choice.
- When it comes to value, Burger King offers the best deal for the buck since you get more burger.
- When it comes to locations, McDonald's has the most.
- When it comes to market share, McDonald's has most.
- When it comes to international presence, McDonald's seems to be in more places than Burger king.