Difference between SearchEngineLand.Com and SearchEngineWatch.Com
Like it or not, search engines are one of the most important driving forces on the Web today. If you have any kind of website, you will want to learn as much as you can about latest developments in search engine technology and algorithms. Now, two sites exist to provide information about all things related to search engines: Searchengineland.com and Searchenginewatch.com. In this comparison article, we check out what both sites have to offer.
Searchengineland.com bills itself as the foremost online publication on the Internet for search news, research and analysis. The site also provides readers with commentary and search engine advice.
Searchenginewatch.com is a site that offers a variety of news and information with regard to searching the Web. The site also provides search engine industry analysis, and it basically helps site owners utilize search engines more effectively for marketing and promotions.
Searchengineland.com was founded by search experts Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman, who along with an experienced editorial staff and contributors work to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the search engine industry.
The Searchenginewatch.com team is comprised of Vice President Mike Grehan and Jonathan Allen. Grehan serves as Global Content Director of Incisive Media, which publishes Search Engine Watch and ClickZ, while serves as Director. Together, the team strives to bring back the collaborative spirit of Searchenginewatch.com and to make the site the foremost community of search and marketing professionals.
Searchengineland.com offers a variety of services such as expert assistance on developing strategy, and up-to-the-minute news on the search industry. The site also offers columns that feature opinions and advice from more than 100 industry professionals, as well as in-depth analysis on key issues pertaining to the search industry.
Searchenginewatch.com offers a variety of services as well, much of which have to do with helping marketers and site owners deal with issues such as how search engines work and pages are indexed, and the various concerns that site designers have to face. The site also acknowledges new trends in the industry as well as sites that stand out from the competition.
Interestingly enough, Searchenginewatch.com is also used by non-industry practitioners, such as librarians and researchers, and virtually anyone who is interested in learning about the intricacies of search engines.
Compare and Contrast
- The foremost online publication on the Internet for search news, research and analysis
- Provides readers with commentary and search engine advice
- Founded by search experts Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman
- Acknowledges new trends in the industry as well as sites that stand out from the competition
- Offers a variety of news and information with regard to searching the Web
- Provides search engine industry analysis
- Helps site owners utilize search engines more effectively for marketing and promotions
- Team is comprised of Vice President Mike Grehan and Jonathan Allen.
- Also used by non-industry practitioners, such as librarians and researchers