Difference between Costco and BJ's
We regularly pick up groceries and buy food simply by going to a grocery store and picking out what we need. In addition, we often look for grocery stores that offer bargain prices on groceries. The most popular of these grocery stores are wholesale grocery stores, which are larger than your average grocery store and have a variety of products under one roof. Wholesale grocery stores offer consumers huge discounts on almost anything that's available in their store.However, as a condition to receive these discounts, one must sign up for an annual membership which often comes in a form of a membership card, which you must pay for on an annual basis. Two of the most popular wholesale grocery stores are Costco and BJ's.
Revenue and Net Income
Revenue can tell a lot about a business and how fast it's expanding. Revenue, is a good way to gauge a business’s overall financial health. When it comes to having the most revenue, Costco certainly takes the cake. Costco's average yearly revenue is predicted at $71.4 billion dollars with a net income of $1.06 billion dollars, while BJ's annual revenue stands at $10 billion dollars with a net income of $132 million dollars approx.
The number of employees that a company hires makes a great difference in a community since a large employer becomes a staple in it’s community. Large stores such as these can offer more employment opportunity and aid the financial prosperity of a community. That said, when it comes to having the most employees, Costco once again takes the cake. Costco is predicted at having 147,000 employees, while BJ's has around 23,500 employees.
When it comes to having locations worldwide, Costco is recorded as having locations in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia. On the other hand, BJ's only has locations in the United States.
Costco is an American company which is headquartered in Issaquah, Washington, and is rated the third largest company in the United States and the ninth largest in the world. It was founded by James Sinegal (CEO). While, BJ's is also an American company headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, it is ranked 269 out of 500 companies according to Fortune magazine. Laura Sen is the current CEO of BJ's.
- Discount grocery stores are a great place to find bargains on food and other items. Two of the most popular chains are Costco and BJ's which are know to offer great discounts on everything that's located in their store, provided you signup for annual membership.
- Out of the two chains Costco has the most revenue and income.
- When it comes to hiring the most people, Costco is reported to have more employees than BJ's.
- Costco has several international locations, while BJ's is only located in the United States.
- Both companies are headquartered in the United States and guided by highly competent CEO(s).